Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dog Food Dilemma!

 As a first time dog owner one of the main things I have had issues with is choosing the perfect affordable dog food.With Flynn this is a little tricky as he tends to eat kibble for a little while and then stop eating it. We have tried several different brands and I haven't liked any of them. When I first got Flynn as a puppy he was eating Science Diet. I knew that I did not want to use this brand and after speaking with a PetSmart employee tried their brand Authority. I loved it at first then Flynn stopped eating it. So back to the store I go and I come back with Pedigree, and the exact same thing happened. We tried Eukanuba next and he wouldn't even eat it. Finally I started researching brands that were locally available to me. I live in a college town but the only pet store we have is more of a grooming salon. So my options were limited to brands carried by Walmart or Tractor Supply. I wanted something that was affordable but healthy.   I found the brand 4health. It is a brand carried by the Tractor Supply and very affordable. It comes in about 6 varieties including puppy and small breed.  After doing a little digging and reading numerous reviews, all seeming to give it at least a 4/5 stars, I bought the small breed formula. And Flynn is loving it SO FAR. I'm going to be keeping you posted on how the new food holds up, but I have never seen Flynn eat food like he has been eating this new kibble so fingers crossed we found the right one.




No comments:

Post a Comment